Recumbent Cycle Touring Shorts
The Ex Officio Amphi Shorts make remarkably nice recumbent shorts. They are light, well made , and have a soft finish. These quick drying shorts were made for water but work fine on a recumbent.
Here’s what REI has to say about them:
Travel shorts that love the water too! These lightweight, quick-drying nylon shorts offer refined looks and multiple pockets.
- Made from cottony-soft Nycott™ nylon treated with Teflon® for speed-drying performance, as well as being wrinkle- and stain-resistant
- Fabric has a UPF 30+ rating, offeing excellent UV protection
- Built-in Airomesh™ brief adds support and makes these shorts great as swimming trunks, too
- Inseam gusset allows full range of motion; leg hems cinch with a webbing band and slider buckle
- Side-seam pockets with separate key and coin catcher inner pockets, zippered back pocket and zippered cargo pocket give plenty of storage space
- Partial elastic-back, lined waistband for a trim, comfortable fit; IBS™ shank button and separating belt
The thing that sets these shorts apart from others for me are:
1. Leg ties that keep them from ballooning while you are riding
2. Plastic Zipped fly and a comfortable built-in brief with a scooped front that make nature breaks easy.
3. A real belt not one of those elastic ones that slips down as soon as you put something in the pockets.
4. Gussetted pockets that are stong and keep what you put in them there.
5. Velcroed front and rear pockets.
6. They pack small and light.
7. They look nice enough for off bike wear and are comfortable enought to be cycling shorts. Items that do double duty save space when you pack for a tour.