eBent on a Diamond, Again
Roland on a Cross – Note: Sandals
Why would eBent be back on a diamond frame after all the nasty things he has said about them?
Well here’s the situation:
The Gold Beauty, my Longbikes Slipstream, is on a FedEx truck headed for Seattle for the next week. I need to keep in shape for riding or be embarrassed next week when I start a 3 week, 1000 mile self contained tour through Washington, Oregon, and Idaho.
So I was back on the diamond frame yesterday for a 13 mile ride. I am in decent shape for recumbent cycling. I have done several 70 – 80 mile rides and over 200 miles a week for the last few weeks. But I haven’t ridden a diamond frame for quite a while.
So how did it go?
Random Impressions after the ride:
1. The wind noise in my ears on this very still day was amazingly loud.
2. This is hard work, much harder than a recumbent. No wonder I used to be fitter.
3. Boy am I fast at least for 10 miles. Then I have
4. The 2 smallest fingers on my right hand stared to buzz after 9 miles and went numb after 11 miles.
5. My ankles felt a little numb.
6. I cant see anything but the road.
7. The shoulder I dislocated last year found some muscles it had forgotten it had.
I can see why I switched to a recumbent.