Sidi Bullet 2 Mega shoe- First Ride
Note: This part 6 of a series of posts. The previous post was “Shoes that Fit – Two Winners“.
Longfellow was right these are well made, comfortable shoes.
After my standard 30 mile test ride my feet felt good. I only stopped to adjust the cleats once during the ride, a very good sign. I am going to replace the Sidi sock liner with Sof Sole – Performance Athlete’s Plus Insoles. The Mega 48 is a little wide and long for my foot but gives me the toe box room I need. The thicker insole will take up the extra room.
Here’s the score on the Sidi Bullet 2 Mega after the first ride.
1. Comfortable shoe, it feels good the first time you put it on.
2. Wide shoe with big toe box
3. Cork insole, this is a well made shoe
4. Velcro straps make adjustment easy and precise. This shoe envelopes your foot comfortably.
5. Very stiff plastic sole leads to a very efficient ride.
1. Tongue rubs top of foot, seems a little stiff
2. Tippy to walk on, you won’t be hiking or walking too far in these. It reminds me of walking in football cleats with a few cleats missing.
3. Price is higher than I like at $149.99
4. Cleat engagement in the Eggbeaters is not as clean and crisp as on other shoes. I may need to install the cleat spacer that comes with the Eggbeaters.
5. I can do without the logos. I prefer a simpler look.
So far, this shoe is well on the way to being a recommended shoe. Now I just need to put some miles on it.
See Shoes and Pedals for more posts on this topic